• Town Meeting, hosted by Senator Jose Serrano, Assembly Member Rebecca Seawright and Council Member Ben Kallos on June 28, 6:30 pm at Good Shepherd Community Center.
• Pre-registration for Fourth of July tickets is being made available to all Roosevelt Island residents on Sunday, June 26, 5:00 pm until Monday, June 27, 5:00 pm, at rioc.ny.gov/pdf/JULY4TH2016.pdf. There is a maximum of four tickets per person. Children under four years old do not need a ticket. Tickets will not be available offline or at the event.
• Photographers of all ages and skills are encouraged to enter the 3rd Annual Four Freedoms Park Photo Contest for a chance to win a $500 gift certificate to Adorama. Photographs of the park can be submitted online from June 15 to October 15, 2016. The winner will be chosen by public vote and announced in December. Go to fdrfourfreedomspark.org for details.
• The Roosevelt Island Residents Association (RIRA) recruited 103 blood donors, and collected 47 pints of blood from 43 donors for the New York Blood Center.
• Manhattan Borough President Gale A. Brewer’s Fresh Food for Seniors Program begins on June 27 and 28 for pick-up on July 6 and costs $8 for a mixed bag of fresh, locally grown fruit and vegetables from local farmers. The program is pay-as-you-go, cash-only, on Monday or Tuesday, one week ahead of each Wednesday delivery date. Sponsored by RISA and RIDA. For additional information, contact: RISA President Barbara Parker at 917-951-4137, Wendy Hersh at 646-361-6469. or RIDA President Jim Bates at 718-614-4784.
• Numbers are in from a community-wide survey conducted by the Residents Association.
Fast facts: 48% feel we are shortchanging our youth; 80% dislike the lack of retail variety; seniors complained nearly unanimously about 546 Main Street. Results and charts available online at MainStreetWIRE.com.